Thanks to our membership in the Center for Research Libraries—and a greatly reduced subscription rate —we are now able to offer digital access to the New YorkTimes to all current faculty, students, and staff.
If you currently do not have an account, please see “Davidson College Instructions to Redeem Complimentary NYTimes.com Subscription” to set up new access. Kudos to Kelly Denzer, our talented e-resources librarian for helping to get this set up and for creating the help guide!
If you are already signed up for a NYT account using your Davidson email, you will be getting notice from the NYT with steps to take to reactivate your current account. Here is the message that the NYT sent to all current subscribers using a davidson.edu account:
As of today, Wednesday, December 21, 2022, Davidson College will be expanding access to The New York Times to all current faculty, students, and staff. Due to this change, your current New York Times digital access will stop on Wednesday, December 21, 2022, and you will need to reactivate your account.
Please follow the instructions below to continue your access:
1. Log out of nytimes.com on all your devices.
2. Go to accessnyt.com.
3. Type and select “Davidson College “in the box.
4. Click “Already have an account? Log in here.”
5. Input your existing New York Times login credentials
6. Select your status as “student” (enter graduation date) or “faculty/staff.”
7. Click “Login” and you will be directed to www.nytimes.com
Leave a Reply